Western Development Company limited is an Oil and Gas servicing company with about 25years in the sector. Our experiences spans from Telecommunications, IT, Engineering, Marine Services to mention but a few. We also employ and second manpower services, personnel and services to our customers.
We are currently recruiting to fill in the below positions
|Job Role / Title||TELECOM/COMMUNICATION SUPERVISION SERVICES|
|Academic Qualification||Possession of any of the following Qualifications
· HND in Science or Engineering from accredited Polytechnics or Monotechnic
· B.Eng./B.Sc./B.Tech in Science or Engineering from accredited University or College
|Gender||Male / Female|
|Start Date||1st November 2023.|
|Work Experience||· Minimum of eight (8) years relevant professional engineering experience within the Oil and Gas Industry
· A four (4) year field work experience within SPDC East Asset operations will be an added advantage.
|Skills||Must possess the following competences
· Knowledge of telecommunications systems.
· Operation of digital, VOIP, and video telephony product offerings.
· Knowledge of computer diagnostics tools to investigate and diagnose hardware and software problems
· Installation and configuration of new software, hardware or programming modules
· Knowledge of system security requirements
· Appreciation of network environments including voice and data cabling.
· Interpret machinery/equipment information from drawings, diagrams and technical manuals.
· Computer literate, ability to perform basic computer related activities
· Competent user of Microsoft Office applications
· Knowledge of worksite hazard management and permit to work systems
· Effective team player and ability to work in multidisciplinary team
· Good communication & presentation skills
· Good time management and organizational skills
· Ability to adapt promptly to change
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Self-motivated and ability to deliver tasks under minimal supervision
|Roles and Responsibilities||· Participate in preparation of work method statements, risk assessments and job hazard analysis
· Specify personal protective equipment (PPE), appropriate documentation and prepare Permit for work activity.
· Install, or coordinate the installation of, new or modified hardware, software, or programming modules of telecommunications systems.
· Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems, networks, and data.
· Monitor and analyze system performance, such as network traffic, security, and capacity, to proactively identify service-impacting issues.
· Resolve complex and escalated network and telecom service issues in a timely manner to support internal and external customer requests and needs
· Produce, update, and generally improve technical documentation to support security requirements and operational support of systems.
· Troubleshoot and analyze telecoms device faults using diagnostic tools, test devices and measuring instruments.
· Address equipment faults, provide technical assistance and propose solutions to address causes of undesirable performance
· Perform data backups and maintain an inventory of telecom components for maintenance interventions
· Support development of credible look ahead plans for work activities
· Comply with site HSE practices and procedures.
· Participate in HSE meetings and promote site safety campaigns
· Close out all other assigned actions in line with audit findings.
|Work Cycle||· The work location is field based in swamp terrain located in Soku, Rivers State.
· Work schedule is 21 / 21 days duty cycle.
· Work activity period spans 12-hours (7am to 7pm) routine over the 21-day duty period.
· Work activity may extend beyond the normal period depending on business needs.
Interested applicants forward their resumes to email@example.com
Entry closes by the 20th October, 2023.